Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I am having an issue with my site. I need a joomla expert

I am having an issue with my site. I need to have an expert check on the back end because I was trying to optimize my site and I accidently copied all of the site folders into the plugin folder. I received what is called a Website of Death White Screen. I had bluehost fix some of the issue but now i have a 404 message on my site. I uninstalled the flexicontent extension but now all of my article information is gone and the menu section is not synced with the articles. I need someone to take a complete look at the site and help me fix it to where it was before the incident.

My website is www.sseeventsgroup.com

The backend of the site is 

Username XXXXXX

password XXXXX

If you need my bluehost info to check the issues there as well that would be great too.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

I am checking it. Will contact you when need any info.

regards
Jins

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok great. Let me know if you need my hosting information as well. That is were the issues started. I appreciate your help.

Hi, please give me the hosting control panel login details also. You said you copied a folder to plugin folder, Copied or moved ? Do you remember which folder or files you copied/moved to plugins folder ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for responding.

my hosting is www.bluehost.com

username XXXXXXXXXX

password XXXXX@ XXXXXX

what originally happened was that I copied all of the public_html folder into the plugins folder. once that happened I received a complete white screen. I had the bluehost engineers fix the site as best as they can within their parameters. They do not do web design so they can not go past their capabilities.

They did explained to me that it had something to do with the flexicontent extension and was recommended to remove the extension. I did so and I received a 404 error message. I also noticed that the backend of the site in my articles manager section each page did not show the article and the menu manager was having issues as well. I tried reinstalling the flexicontent and i got the white screen back on.

I want to know if there is a way to get the site back to its original state before the error happened. You may find something within the browser cache from a couple of days ago. But, you can look in the file manager to see what the issue is.

Thank you.

Okay, please check this one, is this your site ?

regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is just the body of the site which is in the article but, there is a header, footer, and a background picture there.

Okay, is every articles there ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i dont see the other articles. I only see the body of the the home page article.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have they been any progress?

I am working on it. Hope, can inform you the details soon.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great thank you.
Okay, did you upgraded joomla before this issue happening ? Or did you added any new plugins before this issue ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I didn't add any new plugins right before the issue happened. And, no I did not attempt to upgrade joomla. Does it seem like it did?
Yea, I think so. Anyway let me continue. Will be back with you soon.

Regards
Jins
Hi, Atlast I restored your site. But some modules not working correctly and the shortcode itself showing there instead. Here time is too late and I need to go bed. Now, please check your site and try to fix the module related issue. Do not remove any files or folders from the server please. .. ;)

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I see the site however some of the pages are not fully restored. Is it because of the modules? You can look through all of the pages to see that some are incomplete.
Yea, I noticed that. Some modules, like slide show not working correctly and that is why the pages appearing like that.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I uninstall though modules and reinstall them?
yea, uninstall and re-install
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am doing that currently. Once I complete this I will contact you to look through the back en to see if all is good and I would like to ask another question associated to this.
Okay, fix those modules and let me know.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I added the modules that were lost. Can you do a final look through if there are any potential issues. Once your complete I would like to pay and then ask you another question about the WC3 Validator errors I'm getting
Hi, Everything looks fine. Now, access your site's root folder and look for a folder named Jins. There you can find three files public_html.zip, sseevent_ssegroup.sql.zip, sseevent_ssegroup.sql those are backup of your site and database. Download it to your system and keep it. We can restore your site with those files if anything went wrong in future.

Now, please rate my service with excellent rating. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. This was a time consuming work and I spent a lot of time on it. I hope you will give a good bonus also... Smile

Regards
Jins