Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

I discovered a large file while Norton was running a full system

I discovered a large file while Norton was running a full system scan last week. I cancelled the scan after Norton was scanning this file for over 10 hrs. I copied the path for this file from Norton - Windows\Service\Profiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\ArtCache\LocalMLS\{*}.jpg. I am unable to access this file. I suspect the file contains iTunes artwork. I ran a search & 3 album covers were displayed.
My profile has admn auth. I would like to be able to access this file, delete the records in the file. I would also like to know what software is adding to this file. I have an HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 7.

I hope I made some sense.

Thanks
Mike Gillispie [email protected]

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. This can be removed. First to do this click on start then control panel then click on appearance and personalization. Please let me know once you are there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I'm there

Ok great not click on folder options and click on the tab that says view then put a dot where it says show hidden files and folders and then click ok and let me know once that is completed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

done

Ok now you should be able to locate your file you will need to go into the directories you gave me manually but those folders should show up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. This might be an additional question if so, let me know, & I will start over. will I be able to delete these records?

Not a problem can you tell me what you mean exactly by deleting records?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe these records are artwork from iTunes, but are not used by iTunes. If that makes sense. when I searached the path 3 iTunes album covers were displayed i cancelled the search after that.I think this file is enormous. I used to have a lot of free space on my 'c' drive - 200 gig. I have been trying to find out where it was being used. It's possible this file might be it.

It's not going to delete music usually it will just replace a lot of the cover files but it should freeze in the scan. It's safe to delete.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let my Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.