Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

Occasionally I have problems receiving and sending email and

Occasionally I have problems receiving and sending email and connecting to the internet on my iphone and MacBook Pro. Lately it has been happening more often and it is very frustrating! Usually I go through the drill of powering everything down, modem, router, computer, waiting 15 seconds and restarting. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This past weekend, it was out all day saturday and most of Sunday. I spent the better part of the day trying to resolve the problem so I could get some work done. Finally, it resolved itself. What is going on? This morning I am getting the dreaded message on my phone, "" and it has not updated since yesterday. My Mac seems to be OK, at least right now. Please help!
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Does your iPhone every have the problem when it is running on 3G / 4G?

Or only when connecting via wifi?

And if so, what is the make and model of your wifi router?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last week when I was in CA and ID I could not connect to any wireless at both hotels, getting the same message on my phone and iPad. I could receive email on 4G but got the same message when I tried to send and was unable to send. When I got home to PA, it amazingly resolved itself. That was last Monday, 9/30. No problem until 10/5. Then I could send and receive on my phone on 4G. (my ipad does not have that capability) but got the messages on Mac, ipad, and phone.

Router is Linksys2.4 GHz

ok, I believe it is a combination of a problem with both the iPhone and the Linksys.

On the iPhone, go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.

Once done, on the linksys, remove the power, wait 3 minutes, put the power back in and connect the iPhone to the wifi again.

Tell me if it now can send and receive.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just now have received back email on my phone. No problem right now with Mac. Should I still follow your instructions now that it is working?

Yes, I want to be complete and make sure we do the complete process Linda.

If it stops working on the Mac, this is also an indication.

So complete the instructions and Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am able to send and receive from iPhone

Perfect, then it was the settings on the iPhone that were corrupted.

For the Mac, I believe the Linksys was the issue, which we now restarted.

Is the Mac still functioning correctly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is

You should now be ok Linda.

If the problem arises in the future, as I have marked this question to never close, you can always return here and post me a message, this is not an issue.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much! Will get back to you with some questions in a minute
No problem!

And please remember the rating Linda.