Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician with a degree in System Administration.
46422908

I want to know how to be able to go in and look at everything

I want to know how to be able to go in and look at everything ever viewed or done on my daughters computer. Im talking like how the police computer people do it, so I can see everything ever done before. How can I do that? Is there software that you use or can you do it through the command prompts? Please, detailed instructions would be extremely helpful as I think there were some things done on her computer by someone else that I want to know about.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi. I am Rick and I will be your computer professional.

Can you tell me what operating system the computer has. Also what browser is it using?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

She has windows 7 and she uses internet explorer, firefox and occasionally google chrome

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Ok and I assume you are looking to track where she has been on the internet?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No not exactly, I want to see everything ever done on the computer. I think someone else was doing things on her computer so Im looking for deleted files, just anything that was done on it in the past 8 months. Like how computer techs can see old things on a computer that were deleted and such

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Ok Traci I see what you are needing. There is a software available that can do this assuming you have access to the computer and I am sure you do.
It is called History Viewer. The site you need to get it is at this LINK. Now the download and trial version is free but I do recommend you get the licensed version because it does a more thorough job thathe trial. The download will tell you all you need to do.
Good luck in your hunt.
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer Technician with a degree in System Administration.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Will this software provide even deleted information from the computer? Thank you very much

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Some deleted items. It would depend on how long ago it was deleted and how much use the computer had after it was deleted. To make it as simple as I can when you create any kind of file there is the header and the body of the file. When you delete anything the computer only deletes the header but the information remains it just no longer has an identity. It will remain on the harddrive until the computer needs that space and then because it has no identity the computer will over write it and then it is gone. I hope I made that clear enough to make sense.
Richard, Computer Specialist