Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax

How do I install fonts for Pagemaker and InDesign on a new

How do I install fonts for Pagemaker and InDesign on a new Win 7 64 bit computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 10 months ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir/madam

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

are you currently using the computer in question now?

Customer:

No

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

to be able to install the fonts, you will need to open your fonts folder in administrator mode and then move the fonts into it

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

windows will automatically detect the fonts and install them

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you will need to close your pagemaker program and open it again for your program to be able to see the new fonts

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

i recommend you to keep your program closed, when you install the fonts

Customer:

Not sure what you mean. Just move fonts into Pagemaker (PM) for PM fonts folder. There are several folders for fonts in PM.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you need to move the fonts into your windows' font folder

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

(system's font folder)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

it is located in c:\ windows \system32\fonts

Customer:

Ok. I'll try that. But, how do I get back to you if it doesn't work. I assume you don't want to wait for me to do this.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

if you want i can wait

Customer:

Ok. I'll go to the other machine and try it. Problem:

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

waiting

Customer:

The fonts are PFB Type 1 fonts which cannot be installed.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

fix:

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

1.) Drag/drop both the PFM and PFB files (the INF and AFM files aren't important nor needed) to C:\Windows\Fonts

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

any luck?

Customer:

Won't install the PFB fonts

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

is it giving an error? probably there is an incompatibility issue

Customer:

Yes. There is an error. I checked box that said don't show for rest of fonts. The fonts loaded. But, I then switched users and opened PM; didn't work. Does the machine have to be rebooted?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes, can you restart your computer. windows should load the fonts into the memory

Customer:

I'll try.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

i will be here

Customer:

Yeah!!! It works. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX thank you.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

happy to hear that

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you are welcome

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

i will be happy if you rate my assistance (bad-ok-good etc) before leaving. have a nice day, best regards.

Experience: Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax