Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

Hi I have an acer V5-571P it is only about 2 months old and

Hi I have an acer V5-571P it is only about 2 months old and I have hardly used it. Tonight I have an issue the blue power light is on but the screen is black I can't turn it off I can hear tones which I think is my emails coming through any ideas
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

Unplug the ac adapter. Keep ac adapter unplugged.

Michelle :

Remove the battery and keep the battery unplugged.

Michelle :

Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)

Michelle :

Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in if the ac adapter has a power led).

Customer:

Wheres the battery

Michelle :

ok i will post a picture allow me a minute

Michelle :

its located at the back

Michelle :

you will see a latch in locked position unlock and pull it out

Michelle :

did you find that

Customer:

yep done that plugging it in now

Michelle :

ok

Customer:

ok plugged in

Michelle :

now turn on the laptop

Customer:

what next

Michelle :

did it turn on fine

Customer:

turned on sign in screen up thankyou do you know why it did that and will it happen again

Michelle :

yes

Michelle :

when ever it happens unplug the ac adapter remove the battery and leave it for 20 seconds and reconnect, this happens due to static power gets generated on the components and it stall or freezes

Michelle :

we do a flea power which we did and you are back in business.

Customer:

thankyou so much a great relief have a good night

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below to complete the rating. If you have any question or need more help please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors