Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hi. My Acer Aspire 5742G-484G50Mnkk suddenly refused to let

Hi.
My Acer Aspire 5742G-484G50Mnkk suddenly refused to let me log in, reporting something about "User profile service failed..".
What to do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

You will get this error if you profile has become corrupted.

I want you to do the following please.

Log in via Safe Mode, then click Start.

Type in System Restore

Press enter and follow the steps to perform a System Restore, choosing a Restore Date when you were last able to log in.

Once the restore has completed, tell me if you can then log in as normal please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

While waiting... What can corrupt the user profile?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not always clear, but issues within Windows Code, Data corruption, registry corruption, other software interfering.

But as windows never shares the source code on how this works, it is never clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

System restored. Blue screen.. then Black screen with recommendation to run start repair. Start repair ask if I want run System restore..Cry

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, run the system restore via the start repair.

As the Restore you choose is corrupted as well.

Do this and let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pressed OK for System Restore. Dialogue disappeared, but no visible action. Start repair says "Trying to repair" with a meaningless progress bar.

Some HDD action.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it will complete, let it finalise and then tell me if it is then able to start correctly please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Start repair reports that this computer cannot be repaired automatically by Start Repair.

Problem signatures: 01- 07:

6.1.7600.16385,

6.1.7600.16385,

unknown,

334

AutoFailover,

1,

0x6b

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we need to make a new admin account.

Can you tell me the username (that you have not already used) and password.

and I can then provide the instructions on creating this account.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's my wife's machine and she has an admin account named Cecilia and a password XXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we call this new account Cecilia1 with password XXXXX

Turn off the computer

Turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to the menu

Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

When you are able to type, type in the following commands.

net user /add Cecilia1 cecilia1

Press enter, then type in

net localgroup administrators Cecilia1 /add

Press enter

Once done, the new user account is created and placed in the Administrator Group.

Then restart the computer and log in with this new account. You will have to use this account from now on, but if you need to access and copy the files from the old account, click Start, Computer.

Go to c:\user and click on the folder from the old user account, and all the files will then be accessible.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, Richard.

It works, and my wife thinks I'm a genius!

Creds for excellence goes to you, though!

Tomas

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Tomas!

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry