Carl L
Carl L, IT Specialist
Experience:  14+ Years of Extensive Computer Repair Experience.
27991594

While updating iphone 4s an error indicates update failed.

While updating iphone 4s an error indicates update failed. itunes no longer recognizes iphone which is locked with screen showing usb + musical note.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

After you restored the phone, it should have completely wiped the phone and allowed you to use it. Are you able to use it now or are you still presented with this screen:

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did restore it and just before reading your answer and am now installing the backup from the cloud. Do I still need to pay you more. My wife was pressuring me to get it working and I did. It is working!

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Hey Gary,

A restore then restore from backup was the correct method to use and was my Answer. You should have been automatically updated to the new iOS 7 using the restore method, so you accomplished 2 things at once.

It's completely up to you if you want to proceed to rate me or not.

Best Regards,
Carl L
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am assuming your service is first class. Yes the update was included and a nice clean machine is running now. If you could be here you would hear my wife on the phone right now. I was hoping that we could settle for less than $38 since I beat you guys to the answer! What is fair to you?

Gary

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure if there's an option to decrease the price Gary. We're only given a button to add a service and price. Working from our home offices, they only give us enough access to Answer Questions. I'm glad that it's working though. Normally when you see that Screen, it's stuck in a loop and it's a real pain to recover from it. I was prepared to pull out the big guns if need be. Cool
Carl L, IT Specialist
Experience: 14+ Years of Extensive Computer Repair Experience.