Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

The tech in charge of the upgrade of my computer says the

The tech in charge of the upgrade of my computer says the new configuration is crashing and wants to up grade the operating system to windows 7. Are there known issues with the following configuration.
Windows vista 32 bit unchanged from previous configuration
Upgraded components
ASUS P8Z77v1155atx
Intel i7 3770K
Cructial 8GB D3 1600 DIMM
GTX760oc 2GB DDHDP PCIe
Blue Ray Player/Burner
I want to keep the current operating system if possible to avoid re loading many game and other programs.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob Nespeco [email protected]

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

You will not have any compatibility issues with Windows 7 and your computer system.

Even if your Vista computer was not having issues, I would suggest upgrading to Windows 7. I would suggest such because 7 is superior to Vista, in terms of speed, reliability, and aesthetics.

You will definitely notice a super good change with speed and reliability after the upgrade.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The question was are their known compatibility issues between vista and any components in the upgraded configuration. I don't want to change the OS unless there is no other way to obtain reliable operation.

I don't need an expert to tell me windows 7 or 8 would be better.

I am sorry for the confusion Robert.

I stated such in my above answer.

There are no compatibility issues with Windows 7 and your devices.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you don't know the answer to my Question.

The question was are their known compatibility issues between VISTA and any components in the upgraded configuration. I don't want to change the OS unless there is no other way to obtain reliable operation.

Then say so.

I am sorry for the confusion.

The initial question was posted for me that made it sound a little different.

There are no known compatibility issues between Vista 32bit and your system devices.

Typically, if there are issues, the technician will suggest an upgrade to 7 because it would fix the problem. However, you could just reinstall Windows Vista or run a Repair installation of Vista with the same results.

If the tech has not considered it, I would suggest to him that he run a repair installation of Vista.

Often times, the reinstalling of Windows is faster and easier for the tech.