Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

I am trying to remove a BIOS admin password XXXXX a DELL D810

I am trying to remove a BIOS admin password XXXXX a DELL D810 that I bought. I am sure I will have to "short out" the EEPROM. Can you tell me what number will be on the chip and what the pinouts are - the pin that have to shorted out momentarily
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 1 year ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir/madam

Customer:

Howdy

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

A "backdoor master password" is a default password XXXXX a computer BIOS that never changes. This password XXXXX be used to gain access to your BIOS in the event that you cannot remember or have lost the custom password XXXXX you originally set. Once you enter the BIOS using this password XXXXX can then reset the unit back to its original factory settings to undo any errant changes you have made.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

can you please try this:

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Restart your Dell computer.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Strike the "F2" key to enter your Dell's BIOS.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Type "Dell" (without quotes) into the "BIOS Password" prompt and hit "Enter." This is the backdoor master password XXXXX your Dell BIOS. You will now be taken to the main BIOS screen.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

if that does not work, please let me know

Customer:

Sorry about all that. No it doesn't work in Unlock setup or Admin password

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

can you remove your cmos battery

Customer:

Yes, I tried that

Customer:

If I knew what the chip number was I could short out the pins. I've done that before and it works.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

i am checking

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

24c04

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

did you try this one

Customer:

Hmmm, I've got it out but didn't see that chip. I'll look again.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

waiting

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

24CO4N

Customer:

I can't find it. I don't want to tie you up. I'll tear it apart a little more and see if I can find it. You have to short them out while you turn the power on so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Thank you I will give you a good rating so you get paid

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you are welcome, if something goes wrong, please let me know

Customer:

I will thanks

Experience: Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax