Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My Asus EEPad will not charge and will not turn on. I only

My Asus EEPad will not charge and will not turn on. I only get a red battery on the screen for a few seconds, then it goes black again. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Please try to force start your EePad by doing the following:

1. If you have it connected to the charger currently remove for 30 seconds.

2. If you also have a case on the device please remove it.

3. Connect your device to the charger for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes.

4. Press and hold the power button/switch for up to 1 minute or until the screen flickers which ever is shorter.

5. Then allow about 1-2 minutes for the software to load up.

Reply back to me with any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried what you suggested, connecting it to charger for 5 minutes, then disconnecting and holding down the power button for over a minute. The screen never came on or flickered. The only thing I got was a red battery again and only for a couple of seconds before the screen went black again.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Please try the steps again "Do Not" disconnect the device from the charger when you press and hold the power button for up to 1 minute.

Let me know how you make out.
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Cris; still nothing...

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Normally a force start can take 1-2 tries to work. The first time you tried it really would not count because it was disconnected from the charger when held the power button.

You can try the procedure one more time starting from step one. However if still a no go, then your device has some type of hardware failure or faulty battery.

Can you tell me how long you have the device for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've had it for 2 years this Christmas and I love it! Until now, I've had no trouble at all. Thanks for your help. I will try to force it again. Where is the battery even located?

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome,

The battery is located inside the tablet. It is not what is called a removable battery.

To remove it you have to open up the case of the tablet and then disconnect it. Little more technical skills involved then on some others device where you can just easily remove the battery.

Asus provides 1-year warranty on there devices however you are out of coverage. You can call there tech support and inquire about either replacement or repair on your device.

I don't recommend installing a new battery on your own because by opening the case you can void any chance of having it replaced by Asus.

Tech Support: 1-888-678-3688

Let me know if you have any further questions BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Monica,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris