Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

I purchased NOOK at Barnes & Noble Santa Monica , was told

I purchased NOOK at Barnes & Noble Santa Monica , was told I could use anywhere , but when registering the system only takes a USA address as payment on credit cards , I live in Australia and travel extensivley hence the NOOK purchase ..... can you help ? rgds Michael
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

I am afraid I don't have the best news for you, but whilst it does "work" outside the US, you can only use it with US details.

It is not made for non US residents Michael.

this is not honest in the way Barnes and Nobel sell this, but the only way to get books is with a US address.

The only solution, apart from returning it, is to use a free book site such as this

But you wont be able to purchase from the Nook Book store, unless you have US details.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you