Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

I e-mailed two days ago about my old login and password XXXXX

I e-mailed two days ago about my old login and password XXXXX working! To date have had no response! My secret question was not working so I need a new one - how do I change that without my password XXXXX working?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Can you please let me know some more information about your problem? Is this your email account and if so who is your email provider, is it yahoo, hotmail, gmail or someone else?

As you can see this website is called just answer which allows you to speak with a verified professional such as myself but the site is not affiliated with any specific copmpany so I will need as much information about your issue as possible so I may help.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my old login was:[email protected], and that is the one I need back. My current login [email protected] I need to know how to change my secret question on my old login as the one that is currently there is not accepting my answer!!

For privacy reasons fill email addresses are blocked from my view so I cannot see what you typed above. I need you to tell me who the provider is, just tell me the second part of the address please, for example
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great thank you for confirming, now you had mentioned that you emailed two days ago, who exactly did you email?

Yahoo has a procedure that you must follow when your security question is not working, did you fill out a form and submit it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I filled out a form using Yahoo's contact us.

Ok and did you ever receive any type of confirmation email to the contact email account you provided? You should have received an incident ID number, do you have that?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, since I cannot access my e-mail account, how can I receive an incident report??

Ok it sounds like you may not have filled out the form entirely correctly because if you did you would have received an incident ID to your alternate email account.

You must provide an email account that yahoo can contact you at to get back into the account.

Please carefull follow my instructions to properly submit the form so you can get back in.

You must fill out a ticket to contact yahoo support, when this is done properly you will receive an incident ID for reference upon successful submission. This is the only way to get around this problem.

Follow these instructions for proper submission of the form.

First and most importantly you need an email account that yahoo can contact you at, it needs to be a non yahoo account.

If you do not have one please go to and create a Gmail account.

Once you have created the gmail account do the following.

1. Make sure you are not logged into any yahoo account and Click on the following link.

2. Use the drop down menus to computer the form as follows. Yahoo account, password XXXXX in, unable to sign in. Here is a picture so you know what I mean:

3. Once you have filled those out click Email a Support Agent at the bottom of the screen.

4. Next you will be brought to a form that you need to fill out. Under detailed description explain that you cannot answer the security question.Next skip error message and attach a screen shot. Enter the Yahoo address that is having the issue and under the "where can we contact you" enter your non yahoo address. Next enter your first and last name and zip code and alternate email address. Next type what you thought the security question answer was. If you can only remember 1 of the questions just enter the one.

5. When finished enter the squigly letters in the box and submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information.

Immediately after submitting you will be shown your incident ID and also should receive an email with that information to your non yahoo account you provided.

If you get confused or need help during any part of the process please do not hesitate to reply to me and let me know so I can further assist.

I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating Yahoo or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In para. 4 you state attach a screen shot - what is this? Then in the same para. you mention what I thought the security question was, should that be what I thought the question should have been?

There is also the question that they do not seem to accept my password, even though the password XXXXX XXXXX I have been using for 13 years!! What can I do about that?

Let me explain a bit further. Your password XXXXX not be working for a number of reason, such as someone tried to break into the account. Now when this happens you need to reset the password XXXXX in order to reset the password XXXXX must verify that this is your account with the security question which you do not know.

So , yes you would answer what you though the security question and answer may have been, if you do not know you can just say type that you do not know..

Please try to fill out the form, if you are able to get the incident ID then you will know it was successful.