Ok it sounds like you may not have filled out the form entirely correctly because if you did you would have received an incident ID to your alternate email account.
You must provide an email account that yahoo can contact you at to get back into the account.
Please carefull follow my instructions to properly submit the form so you can get back in.
You must fill out a ticket to contact yahoo support, when this is done properly you will receive an incident ID for reference upon successful submission. This is the only way to get around this problem.
Follow these instructions for proper submission of the form.
First and most importantly you need an email account that yahoo can contact you at, it needs to be a non yahoo
If you do not have one please go to https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
and create a Gmail account.
Once you have created the gmail account do the following.
1. Make sure you are not logged into any yahoo account
and Click on the following link.http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact
2. Use the drop down menus to computer the form as follows. Yahoo account, password XXXXX in, unable to sign in. Here is a picture so you know what I mean:
3. Once you have filled those out click Email a Support Agent at the bottom of the screen.
4. Next you will be brought to a form that you need to fill out. Under detailed description explain that you cannot answer the security question.Next skip error message and attach a screen shot. Enter the Yahoo address that is having the issue and under the "where can we contact you" enter your non yahoo address. Next enter your first and last name and zip code and alternate email address. Next type what you thought the security question answer was. If you can only remember 1 of the questions just enter the one.
5. When finished enter the squigly letters in the box and submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information.
Immediately after submitting you will be shown your incident ID and also should receive an email with that information to your non yahoo account you provided.
If you get confused or need help during any part of the process please do not hesitate to reply to me and let me know so I can further assist.
I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating Yahoo or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.