Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

HiI made a mistake and sent a very heavy file (40MGB) through

Hi
I made a mistake and sent a very heavy file (40MGB) through outlook.
The file is "stuck" in the sent files for 4 days
PLEASE - HOW DO I DELETE IT? (I've pressed 'delete' but nothing happens)

Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 11 months ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Could you let me know the version of Outlook, e.g. 2007, 2010, you are using, please? Also, may I remote in to your computer now, and take a look at the issue for you?

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Outlook 2010

And you may remote

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Outlook 2010

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Hello, It seems that no one has responded to you in some time.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with this issue.

What we want to try and do, is first tell outlook to go offline..

And then, we want to try and delete the message while outlook is offline, or else move the message from the sent folder into another folder, such as drafts.. Where we can then delete it.. ( or at least get it out of the folder)

Once deleted we want to take outlook back online, and then you should be back to normal operation.

The page below covers the process with more detail.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2663435

If you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do I delete a message with Outlook offline?

The link you sent me was not very helpful :(

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

If you would like, I can connect to your computer from here to help you do so.

That offer being made..

You need to click the send receive tab on outlook, and then click work offline

Work offline can be found here

1. Click Send/Receive.

Work Offline command on the ribbon indicating Offline is on

Then, go to your sent items folder, and either try to delete the message.. Or try to mobve it.

If that doesnt help, send a reply and let me know where your getting stuck.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Expert:  B. Rath replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your continued patience; I'm the original expert who had responded to you. Let's do a remote session now.

You just need to click on the following session link:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=6210a91f-1172-4e1a-85c7-1fd76a4d65dd

Join the session, and RUN the downloaded application - and I'll be remotely connected. Thanks!

Regards
Expert:  B. Rath replied 11 months ago.
If you do face any issues while connecting to the remote session, just reply back to me on this page - I'll resolve this issue with Outlook quickly for you remotely. Thank you.

Regards
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
HI.. It appears you have just rated my answer.. So Im going to assume that you were able to try it out,

and then make some progress wiith deleting the file?

Thank you for clarifying,

Dustin S.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 11 months ago.
Hi again,

So, we resolved the issue through remote access now, but it looks like you inadvertently rated the other expert's answer, instead of mine. Could you just clarify whose answer did you mean to accept, so that I can take care of it for you? Thanks!

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yours, of course

Sorry

Expert:  B. Rath replied 11 months ago.
Not an issue; thank you for the clarification, and have a good day! I'll take care of it for you now. :)

Regards