Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Mr. Rath; When I right click the Recycle bin icon to empty

Mr. Rath; When I right click the Recycle bin icon to empty the bin, it will not allow me to highlight that command (it stays white) what do you suggest?

Bernardo

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

if the option is grayed out or not highlighted that means you have not deleted any item on the computer that is why its not highlighted

Michelle :

let me know when you are ready to chat and will give you more info regarding recycle bin,

Customer:

I regularly just delete items by going into history and getting rid of items that I don't anticipate needing in the future. So I have deleted plenty of items in the past. I though they just sat in the recycle bin until I permanently deleted them by the right click operation.

Michelle :

if you do a regular delete then it goes to the recycling bin and if you do a permanent purge like shift + delete it will then not go into the recycle bin it will be permanently deleted.

Michelle :

there is one more option you must check]

Customer:

I don't ever recall doing a shift + delete it...so I wonder why there is not a lot of junk sitting in the recycle bin. Is there some way to see what is in the recycle bin.

Michelle :

do a right click on the recycle bin icon

Customer:

I will do a right click now...I did and it is as I initially described.

Michelle :

select properties

Customer:

Ok I did.

Michelle :

custom size radio button must be selected and if the other option is selected the regular delete button will not save the files on the recycle bin which says don't move files to recycle bin remove files immediately when deleted,

Michelle :

i hope you got the info what you were looking for.

Customer:

Use one setting for all drives is selected and "display delete confirmation dialog is checked

Michelle :

then is must keep the files on the delete option this seems to be a windows problem, you will have to run a windows repair to fix the problem

Michelle :

sir i believe we are still working on it and you are rating my service as poor as a fact i am telling you the possibility what are the causes.

Customer:

Michelle, I believe it just might be that the wrong setting is checked. I unchecked the display delete confirmation dialog to see if that might help. Thanks

Michelle :

that will definitely help.