James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.

how do I create an Xcell file from my Outlook 2013?

Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Can you please tell me what you're trying to do ?

I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Create an Xcell file from my Outlook 2013 Contacts.

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

I'd like to start a remote support session with you. This mean I'll be able to look at your screen together with you, and help you personally.

Would that be ok with you?

Appreciated!

J.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

NO..that sounds creepy..

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Ok - no worries. I understand.

Can you tell me what you did, and where you got stuck? I'll try to give you instructions.

J.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

File>Import and Export...>Export to a file

What is a .cvs file?

And if I did create one..how do I find it?

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the question now.

CSV means Comma Seperated Values - it means the data of the contacts is dumped into a file in a commonly acceptable format, withe values seperated by commas, like:

firstname, lastname, phonenumber, email, address

etc, etc, one line per contact.

When you go ahead and do the export, you will be asked where to save the file (which folder), and what to call the file.
It is easiest to save it on the desktop, it is then very easy to find.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

James..I created the Xcell sheet...and am trying to 'edit it'...so I think this is teh best I can do.

Thanks,

Ben

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
You are welcome, Ben.

Make sure that you keep it in the same format, and when you save, make sure it is saved as CSV.

Glad I could help!

Can you please rate my using one of the faces under my answer?

Many thanks!

J.
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience: 20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.