James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I dislike revisions to Picasa, in which I used to be able to

I dislike revisions to Picasa, in which I used to be able to simply email photos. Can I disable the new system or somehow revert to the previous system?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 11 months ago.
Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

What you can do is uninstall the current version of Picasa.

You will not lose any data.

Then you can install any version you wish

You can get the list of Old versions

HERE Choose the version you want and then install it

Cheers James

Thanks James

Now Please Rate My Answer with the Smiley Faces and Submit

Come back if you have any more issues

Cheers James
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. I've uninstalled the new version, but don't seem to be able to install the earlier version...Picasa 3.9 Build 135.89. When I go to www.picassa.com, the only possibility seems to be the newest version, which I've just uninstalled.

Help.

You can get the list of Old versions

CLICK HERE Choose the version you want and then install it :)

Thanks James

Come back if you have any more issues

Cheers James
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. I did that, using a temporary password, which was then rejected. So I changed my Google password, and now its being rejected.

What next?

Change your password XXXXX

But i am not sure why your changing your password.

You just had install the version of the Picassa you wanted

did you install the version you wanted ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I believe I installed the program I wanted. But in doing that Google rejected the PW I had written down and sent me a temp. PW, which succeeded for that installation.

So then I went to the Picasa I had just installed, and it rejected the temporary password. So I made up a new one.

It's now asking me to sign in again. I'm getting really confused. This is a little beyond my normal activity/understanding.

No problem

Sounds like you just need to Change your password.

Glad you got the software you wanted installed.

Please rate my service Cheers James

Thanks James

Come back if you have any more issues

Cheers James
James K., Consultant
Experience: Technical Director of IT Company
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I returned to the task. I get a message that Google Photos are not enabled for my account, so I click to sign up.

I again changed my password, and I am again being rejected.

Is this the correct Google account .

Can you reset the password XXXXX just try and log into Gmail

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When I go to gmail.com, I get a welcome to our new gmail message, which I don't want to do, either, so I click "not now," and nothing happens. My gmail account is tied to Outlook, and I haven't had problems before.

So far today, I've tried four different passwords, and only the temporary one worked to download the Picasa program I wanted.

Thanks

you dont need any password XXXXX download the program

let me remote on and have a look

I will send you a link to connect let me know when ready

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. Ready anytime.

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=14d5aab6-d4b2-4440-b679-7f92e3bd4414

Click the Link above then

1) Click Join
2) Click Yes/Run/OK/Allow if asked
3) Click allow if asked by any Anti virus
.