Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

iLive ISA33B Bluetooth speaker system. Speakers are paired, but sound quality sucks!

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

If you play the speakers via a Smartphone, over bluetooth, what is the quality like then?

Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Played via a Smartphone with Bluetooth results in the exact same lousy sound quality. I tried this in order to determine if perhaps the problem was with my PC hardware (i.e. the headphone jack, etc..). My belief is that the problem lies within the ISA33B Bluetooth pairing device.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not the pairing Barry, else you do not get the problem with the Smartphone.

Pairing is on/off, as it is digital, so it either connects or drops out, it does not give disruptions to quality.

The speakers themselves are damaged. Playing it via the smartphone confirms this.

Check to make sure that the cables connecting to the actual speaker are not damaged or touching either each other or the casing.

If they are not, then its the speaker itself that has faulted, and you are going to need to replace the speaker system (they do not sell the components individually).

As you took it apart, this has likely voided the warranty, so you would not be able to claim it under this.

but it is not the devices that are the problem, it is the speaker unit itself sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not 100% on-board that it is my speakers that are damaged as they worked optimally for several days (both of them), then, simply stopped working. The volume level was appropriate for my retail store operation, not too loud, so I don't think it was sound level that could have caused my problem.

Your response suggests that I check "cables connecting to speaker" are not damaged, however, there are no cables as this is a Bluetooth setup. The only cable to each of the two speakers would be the AC power cable and they are certainly not damaged or compromised in any way.

I'm still thinking that the problem is with the iLive Bluetooth module (the device that connects via cable to the headset jack on the PC). I don't believe it is the cable that connects that device to the PC as a different cable was used with the Smartphone (obviously).

You stated "As you took it apart, this has likely voided the warranty" - to be clear, I've taken nothing apart. I've simply put speakers up on shelves, Bluetooth connected them to the base unit, now have a problem.

I believe you are correct when you say that none of the three components (Bluetooth device and two speakers) are sold separately, so therefore I am going to be out of luck with this setup. I'll now search for something new and more reliable.

Thanks for trying to help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The fact they just stopped, points even more to a fault.

There would be a vable inside of the actual unit, I was under the assumption you had dismantled it.

There are two cables, that go to the magnet to produce the sound.

This is what I meant about the warranty, if you did not dissemble them (which explains why you do not understand my comment about the cable) then they will still be covered by the warranty Barry, so you can have them replaced under this.

It can also be the connection on the jack that the cable plugs into. But in my experience it has been the cable on the actual speaker itself connect to the magnet.

My advise, is to have the warranty replacement performed, and go for the Logitech Boombox, this is a great unit, and worth the bit of extra money as it will stay working.

Click Me To view

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry