ragankel0323
ragankel0323, Sr. Systems Analyst
Experience:  If it boots up, logs on, or has a touch screen, chances are I have the experience you are looking for :-).
75502995

Hi, Trying to see if there is a way to copy a complete text

Hi, Trying to see if there is a way to copy a complete text file on my iphone 5 and send to the person as he lost all of the text from me? Thank you for your help
Category: Computer
Expert:  ragankel0323 replied 11 months ago.

ragankel0323 :

Hello. I would like to help you with this problem, but I want to make sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do. Are you trying to copy and paste text, like text from an email or webpage. Or, are you wanting to re-send all text messages to someone?

Customer:

re-send all the text to someone and not have to do it invidually. There is alot of information from July to now. Thank you

ragankel0323 :

Did you update your phone to iOS7? This matters because it will determine the procedures I will need to give you.

Customer:

yes

ragankel0323 :

The only way I know of to do what you are asking is to go into the messages app, then the conversation you were having with this person. In the conversation, locate the first message you want to re-send, then tap and hold until you see "copy | more". Tap "more", then place a check mark next to each text message you wish to forward. Once you have selected all text messages you want to re-send, you have to click on the forward arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This will bring up a new text string, but the texts will not say who sent which text or when they were sent.

ragankel0323 :

If this is not what you were looking for, I can open the question up to other experts, but as I said this is likely the best method fore re-sending your text messages.

Customer:

but it will not delete any that I have, right? I am nervous about that.

ragankel0323 :

No, none of your texts will be deleted. This method allows you to forward the texts you want to the intended recipient

ragankel0323 :

Does that solution work for you?

Customer:

Thank You so much... It worked

ragankel0323, Sr. Systems Analyst
Experience: If it boots up, logs on, or has a touch screen, chances are I have the experience you are looking for :-).