Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I use Corel PaintShop Pro X4. Since installing a second internal

I use Corel PaintShop Pro X4. Since installing a second internal HDD (2TB) it takes in excess of 10 minutes to load the program and it is driving me mad. This was not a problem when I only had the C drive.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thanks a lot for posting your Query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please make sure PaintShop is closed and not running. Then press Windows logo key and R key together. You will get open the Run command box. Type %appdata% in the run command box and press Enter. You will get open the AppData folder. Find the folder named "Corel" and rename it to "Corel-OLD" Then find and open the folder "Roaming" in Roaming folder find the folder named "Corel" and rename it to "Corel-OLD"

Now open PaintShop. Check and reply me the result.

Note: If you can't find any of those folders please make sure you can see the hidden files and folders on your system. Click here to see how to show hidden files.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jins,

Thanks so much for your speedy reply. Where do I find the roaming folder? I found the appdata\roaming\corel folder but I am not sure where I rename this a second time as stated.

Regards,

Neville

PS I renamed this once and it is still extremely slow to start. I noticed that it re-creates the Corel folder in the roaming folder after PSP starts.

Okay, you found the corel folder on Roaming folder and there is no Corel folder in the appdata folder itself right ? If so don't worry about the other corel folder.

yes, it will create the same folder on the next startup of PS.

While on the Roaming folder press Backspace key on your keyboard to go back to the AppData folder. There you can find a folder named Local. Open that folder and look for Corel. If there is a Corel folder rename it to Corel-Old and launch PS. Check and let me know the result.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jins,

You are a star!!! Thank you so much. It now loads almost instantly. Do I now delete the folders named "old"?

Kind Regards,

Neville

Hi, Happy to hear it worked. Yes, you can now delete those OLD folders. Now please rate my answer with excellent rating. A good bonus will make me more happy. Smile

Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design