IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I found that my sent files had grabbed a photo from my facebook.

I found that my sent files had grabbed a photo from my facebook. These were job inquiry/resume emails I sent and had no intention of using that photo from facebook. What are you thinking? I've since removed the photo from facebook and it is no longer being sent along with my emails from outlook. I'm furious and want an explanation.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Was that photo being sent every time you used Outlook to send e-mails, or it only contained a link to Facebook?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

every time yes with no link to fb

In that case, it seems the Outlook was configured to include it as a signature to every e-mail, shown at the bottom of the e-mail.

Do you remember doing that in Outlook?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and my outlook profile has no photo in it

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You can check that. Please let me know which Outlook version you are using.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont know but there is nothing on my signature page indicating a photo being grabbed elsewhere,

Please check to be sure.

For Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007:

Click on Tools and then Options... Click the Mail Format tab and there click the Signatures... button in the Signatures section.
Check if there is any saved signature there.

For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013:

Click on File and then Options. Click the Mail tab located on the left pane and then click the Signatures... button.
Does the above instructions apply to you or by "Outlook", you were referring to web mail which is also known as Windows Live or Hotmail?

If you use Outlook web mail ( as well as Facebook and/or Twitter, the chances are that Outlook may have already connected to those social networks and started to display photos and other content from social networks.

To stop Outlook from doing that, you can disable showing public content from social networks. Here is how to do it:

1. Sign in to your Outlook e-mail account

2. Once signed in, click on the gear icon located next to your name - in the upper right corner, and then click More mail settings

3. A new page will open with all kind of options. Click on Content from third-party networks located in the Reading email section

4. In the Showing Public content section, select Don't show public content from third-party networks

5. To save changes, click the Save button

This change will only remove content from social networks being displayed only in your Outlook account, however, it won't stop Facebook and/or Twitter to share your photo and other public information available from social networks you use, based on your Outlook e-mail address.

You can change that on the same page where you disabled showing public content from third-party networks. Click on the Manage privacy settings link located below both Facebook and Twitter section. There you will find instructions on what to share with Outlook and how to disable sharing.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not ok to find this out this way. Like I said, i fixed it by deactivating my active view

May I know why you have rated my answer/service as "poor"?

Note that I am not an employee of Outlook or Microsoft. This is and I provide general assistance for all kind of computer-related issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh. well i hate them right now and youre paying for it

Yes, I can tell!

I also don't agree with Outlook/Microsoft displaying the content from social networks by default. I know that a lot of people went furious when they found out that their Facebook profile photo had been shared with their work colleagues. Not good from Microsoft, indeed!

Please follow the instructions I posted, especially the part where you need to click the Manage privacy settings link to fully disable sharing right from Facebook and/or Twitter web page.

The change you made only hides pictures and other public content from other people, which means that your Facebook or Twitter information is still shared with other users.

Since I am here to help and I don't work for Outlook/Microsoft, please change the rating to a more positive one, since this "poor" reflects me negatively.