Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

I did updates on Window 7 and now when I click on any icons

I did updates on Window 7 and now when I click on any icons (control panel, internet explorer, my computer, etc.) nothing will open. How can I get to system restore if nothing will open?

Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to assist you.

Restart your PC and when the PC logo appears (Acer, HP, Dell, etc..) start tapping the F8 key repeatedly. That will bring up advanced options screen using the keyboard arrows scroll down to SAFE MODE and hit enter.

Your PC will boot to the desktop and once you do. Click on the Windows logo start button and in the search box type in system restore and hit enter.

The system restore wizard will appear, follow the prompts and restore to before you updated your PC. The system will restore and restart normally.

See if this resolves your issue and let me know the outcome. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.