Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My Windows 7 computer used to have all of "MY Pictures" as

My Windows 7 computer used to have all of "MY Pictures" as thumbnail pictures, so that I could see which pictures I wanted to pull up. NOW, ALL of my pictures are a icon of a camera! Which means I have no idea what that picture is until I open it up. HOW DO I GET MY PICTURE THUMBNAILS BACK? THANKS, XXXXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I am here

Shefin :

Open My COmputer/Computer.

Customer:

I did, but then I can't see what you are writing because it takes up my screen!

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

I will help you with a picture.

Shefin :

On the right corner of the screen.

Shefin :

Click on that and change the listings style.

Shefin :

Are you able to do that?

Customer:

No, because I don't see that on my screen. If I enlarge the picture you sent, nothing happens. I usually have this setting on my computer, but not right now. The only settings I have on my screen is your sign in and the little toolbar

Shefin :

Please minimize this chat, and on the picture folder that you want to change as thumbnails, please check for the option.

Shefin :

Are you able to do that?

Customer:

Now I have a word list of all my pictures but not the actual thumbnail of the pictures themselves, like I used to have. I need those pictures back. And, I don't see a place for "thumbnails".

Shefin :

Please wait, I will send you more pictures.

Shefin :

Please watch the video below and follow the instructions.

Customer:

I did everything the video said, but I still do not have pictures, just a word list on My Pictures and still the camera icon on Pictures!

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

We wil try another solution.

Customer:

Do I have to shut down the computer to reset it to show the pictures

Shefin :

It is big in size. RIght?

Shefin :

Not a small icon.

Customer:

What is big in size? The camera icon, yes, it's a small camera icon.

Shefin :

As the same size as thumbnail?

Customer:

I don't know! I think my pictures were a little larger than the little camera icon.

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Open the page that you want to see as thumbnails, and click Organize in the toolbar, and then click Folder and Search Options.

Shefin :

Have you done that?

Shefin :

Or get into Control panel and select Folder Options.

Shefin :

Have you done that?

Customer:

Yes, and under View it said to always show icons for thumbnails. I unchecked that, but it didn't help.

Shefin :

Click Ok and close that.

Customer:

Not sure what you meant by open the page that I want to see as thumbnails, so what I opened was one of the pictures that I need to see. Was that correct?

Customer:

I clicked OK and closed it.

Shefin :

You see the organize option. RIght? Do not click it.

Customer:

OK, yes, I saw the organize option, but I did click it on. So, do I need to go back and just get to that point, but now click it on. If so, what do I do when I get there?

Shefin :

Check the picture, and check if you see the small down arrow.

Shefin :

Marked in the red circle.

Shefin :

Change the options and check.

Shefin :

Are you able to change that?

Customer:

I am totally confused! Any chance you can call me? I keep losing you when I change screens and then I don't know what to do.

Shefin :

I apologize that I cannot contact you by phone.

Shefin :

Please let me check, if I can find a video for you.

Customer:

I don't know which options to change.

Shefin :

Please watch the video below.

Shefin :

Are you able to change the settings?

Customer:

OK!! Got it. I needed to make the pictures folder the large icon! Mission accomplished. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Shefin :

I am glad to hear that!

Shefin :
If you are happy with the response or the issue gets resolved, please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.