LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

I have bot my toshiba satalite L750/09J(catagory no-XC7951

I have bot my toshiba satalite L750/09J(catagory no-XC7951 on the 17.11.2011with a extended warranty at Dick Smith.I am getting a message that i should consider replace the batteries even when it is fully charged. I am 75 years old,live alone and the laptop is my only way to exsist .I rung some computer Guys , but I have been told they don't change batteries. I am afreight removing them myself as I worry I am going to loose my programs. Could you please help me.Eva.Sorry about my spelling as english is my second language.

LKT :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

LKT :

The battery itself is an easy replacement part, it would not cause you to lose any data or information

LKT :

You have mentioned that you have an extended warranty with Dick Smith, so I highly suggest that you contact them to have them do the replacement for you. Their number is XXXXX 660 054

LKT :

If you would like to replace the battery yourself you will have to purchase this battery: http://www.buylaptopbattery.com.au/s/laptop-battery/toshiba/satellite/l750-09j/ and take out your old battery by using the sliding lever (directions will be on the back of your laptop) then inserting the new battery. Its a quick snap in process.

Customer:

As an pensioner I am finding the charge very severe

LKT :

The charge from Dick Smith?

LKT :

Your extended warranty should cover this type of replacement.

LKT :

Let me know if you have any questions