Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hi i have PB dot s (10") with win 7 starter that runs start

Hi
i have PB dot s (10") with win 7 starter that run's start up on a loop.
I want to install win 7 but it stop on the second window and wait (for ever...)
What can I do?
Thanks
Benny.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

To clarify, is windows Starter still operational (meaning you can still use it)?

And where are you installing windows 7 from? A Disk or a install file you downloaded?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

Thank you for your help.

i formated the HD and start to install win 7 starter

but it stop on the second window and wait on CMD window.

I have the original Win 7 disk and i have external CD

thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When you say it waits on the CMD window, you mean it stops at a place where you can type Benny?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

it start to install. after the bar is loaded, then the next window, pop up CMD window and if i write it look lik ^E ^w etc.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this most common cause for this an issue with the disk.

Can you wipe the disk so it is completely clean of any smudges or marks.

Check the disk very closely for scratches as even a minute scratch can cause the installation to fail.

If there are no scratches, and the disk has been wiped clean, put it in the computer and run the installation again.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I used few win 7disks and all of them was the same, stop in the second screen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then this is a hardware fault Benny.

It is likely the hard drive, but can be the Motherboard or RAM on the computer.

It is not able to write the data correctly during the installation, and this is why it is stalling.

I am really sorry, but the computer needs to be taken to a store to have a hardware diagnostics performed on it.

They will then analyze the hard disk, mainboard and RAM and will find the component that is faulting, and offer to replace this for you.

I am really sorry but until you have the faulting component replaced, you will not be able to get windows installed.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You.

Shalom from Israel.

Benny

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Graag Gedaan Benny, from The Netherlands