IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

there is a weird dead space at the bottom the monitor (cant

there is a weird dead space at the bottom the monitor (cant see the mouse or icons behind)
everything is up to date my son just tapped the monitor by accident and now i cant get rid of this

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

That "weird dead space" is actually a dead pixel or usually, several pixels in a line. It occurs for LCD monitors if they are dropped or, in your case, tapped, but it had to be a strong tap to create dead pixels.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix dead pixels. If this is a new monitor and still under warranty, you can contact the manufacturer or seller to ask if you can get a replacement due to dead pixels. However, every monitor manufacturer has they own policy on dead pixels. Some of them will replace you the monitor, some of them don't.

I am sorry to bring you the bad news!