LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

I installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit(original os windows 7

I installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit(original os windows 7 enterprise) on a HP probook 6455b with a webcam. Since then I can't get the camera to function although I downloaded the driver

9
Category: Computer
Expert:  LKT replied 1 year ago.

LKT :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer

LKT :

I see you have downloaded and installed the driver for the webcam. Can I have you download and install this driver again, let me know if this was the same you've installed, if it was install again either way:

Customer:

yes

LKT :

Yes?

Customer:

yes, that is the same driver

LKT :

Download and install again either way.

LKT :

What happens when you open the software?

LKT :

Could I have click Start> Right-click Computer> Select Manage> On the Right click "Device Manager" let me know if any device has a red or yellow mark next to it.

Customer:

error message...seup has determined that your config does not support any of the included product

Customer:

no red or yellow marks

LKT :

Click Start> Type "youcam" click on the application if it comes up.

LKT :

Also, while you are in device manager, is there a "Imaging Devices" category listed if so, click the + and does it show your webcam there?

Customer:

yes it shows it in "imaging device" as usb 2.0 camera"

LKT :

Ok.

Customer:

youcam did not work

LKT :

Click Start>Devices and Printers. Does a webcam show up?

Customer:

no

LKT :

Alright, can you go to Programs and Feature and check if HP Webcam software is installed, if it is. Uninistall and let me know.

Customer:

ok I uninstalled "realtex pc camera" thats all I saw

LKT :

Hold on a moment, is this a built in webcam?

Customer:

yes

LKT :

Once this is done let me know the results.

Customer:

ok

LKT :

I'll standby

Customer:

I am getting the same error message and in the device manager the camera reinstalled itself

LKT :

Ok thats fine, have you updated to service pack 1 for Windows 7?

Customer:

no was not part of the update

LKT :

Could I have you right click the cam driver and select "Update Driver Software" then search automatically.

LKT :

If nothing is found update to service pack 1 before we continue.

Customer:

ok

LKT :

Ill standy

LKT :

standby

Customer:

ok service pack is now installed

LKT :

Customer:

ok

Customer:

says drivers are up to date

Customer:

hi

LKT :

Hello

LKT :

Ok, can I have you open up a cam program?

Customer:

i have skype

LKT :

You can try this program here: http://www.manycam.com

Customer:

ok downloaded

LKT :

Install and open. Let me know the outcome.

Customer:

nothing

LKT :

Ok, lets do two more things. Download and install this HP Support Assistant and click the maintain button to get HP updates http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

LKT :

The other thing, go to device manager> Right-Click the webcam> Select Properties> Click Details Tab> Drop down to Hardware IDs> Give me the first line that starts with PCI\

LKT :

Install that, restart, then try your cam

LKT :

When you have a moment give me an update. Thanks.

Customer:

ran the new driver nothing different, thats the reatek driver, going to run the assistant now

LKT :

Ok. On the HP site it says its a universal HP cam driver. Let me know if the assistant gives any better updates.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

it has updated the audio and wireless driver

LKT :

go to device manager> Right-Click the webcam> Select Properties> Click Details Tab> Drop down to Hardware IDs> Give me the first line that starts with PCI\

Customer:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5801&REV_0324&MI_00
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5801&MI_00

Customer:

no PCI\

LKT :

Thats right, because its USB.

LKT :

Go to the driver tab and give me the details there.

LKT :

Driver Provider, Date, Version, SIgner

Customer:

Realtek 6.1.7600.28 Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher 1/26/2010

LKT :

open up manycam, does it recognize any cam?

Customer:

JUST THE USB 2.0

LKT :

That should be the one. Do you get any video on it?

Customer:

no just dark, but i just noticed the the camera indictor (white light) came on

LKT :

Oh. Make sure there isn't anything covering the cam

LKT :

Also, try in skype as well, just to check.

Customer:

same thing light no video

LKT :

Hmm, sounds like it may be a bad cam. Whens the last time this worked?

Customer:

Before I did the install, this morning

LKT :

And the only difference is that it went from enterprise to ultimate.

Customer:

yes, in skype it seems to be searching.

LKT :

Lets check the device manager, under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" check if you see anything that says cam.

Customer:

no

LKT :

Alright lets try this. Uninstall all the USB Controllers and the cam under device manage, restart

Customer:

they reinstalled after restart

LKT :

They should have, we're attempting to reinstall all drivers.

LKT :

Before you test the cam, download and install this http://tinyurl.com/cdrp9mz

Customer:

ok

Customer:

it installed but i am not getting it to run

LKT :

Click start. Type "youcam" try to open the program. If it give an error let me know which error

Customer:

no error, just wont start

LKT :

Ok, restart first then try

Customer:

ok

Customer:

program running but no video

LKT :

Wow, I think we have tried everything there is to try. Look in the youcam settings and make sure the contrast isn't set to max or the brightness may need to be adjusted. Other than that I don't what else to try.

Customer:

ok

LKT :

Let me know the results.

Customer:

both ok

Customer:

do you know how to reset this bios passwd

LKT :

On that same laptop?

Customer:

yes

LKT :

Do you know the password?

Customer:

no

LKT :

Have you tried the default password XXXXX 12345?

LKT :

12345

LKT :

Otherwise you will have to remove the cmos battery for 5 minutes to clear out that password.

Customer:

no but i will, so the cam thing could be hardware problem

Customer:

ok

LKT :

Yes, I believe so. We have tried all options.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

how does this work, do I have the option of chatting on other problem (computer related) or have to register all over again

LKT :

I am not entirely sure, I usually just see question pop up to my page and start answer. I believe you can use the same login information you created.

Customer:

ok, but i am going to try to get this thing working

LKT :

Alright. Best of luck to you.

Customer:

ok, bye

LKT :

Have a good night. If you have a moment please rate me with the smileys. Bye!

LKT, IT Support
Experience: A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications