Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

I have been trying to restore my Dell PC to factory default

I have been trying to restore my Dell PC to factory default and every time I get to reset Images to factory reset it tells me it can't find them. Is there another way to reset my computer?
Hi and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

To confirm, are you using this method right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

These are the exact steps that I have taken but like I said when it get to Dell Factory Images it says it can't find them

Thanks for confirming; unfortunately that means that the image used for the factory restore has most likely become corrupted (or it was deleted by accident).

When the image can't be found, the only other option is to use the recovery disk from Dell. Unless you ordered one with your Dell you may not have this disk. Please look through the items that came with your Dell for a disk labeled Operating System Disk and another called Drivers and Utilities.

If you can't find those disks, you will need to order them from this site:

Once you have the disks, you can use these instructions to reinstall Windows 7 and then install the drivers and utilities that came with your computer.

Let me know if you have any questions about that procedure or anything else. I will be here. Thanks!