Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

I purchied a basictalk from walmart I hooked it up per instructions

I purchied a basictalk from walmart I hooked it up per instructions every thing is working all lites or lit proptly got dial tone I can dial out people can dial in the problem is I can hear them but they can not hear me. do I need to register with dish or is there something else wrong.maby you can help me...thanks roy chism
Hi Roy and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Can you tell me who your Internet provider is? Is it satellite based Internet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi erik my problem is not my computer it my basictalk phone system I bought at internet provider is dish network highspeed dsl

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK the problem most likely is that satellite Internet (like Dish Network) does not work well with BasicTalk (or MagicJack or any other Internet phone provider). The problem you are experiencing (people not being able to hear you) is a result of the delay experience when your BasicTalk has to transmit to the satellite.

One item you can try is lowering the bandwidth settings on your BasicTalk account. This has worked for me in the past. Here is how to do that:

If lowering the bandwidth saver to Normal doesn't fix the problem, I am afraid there isn't much else you can do. BasicTalk requires a landline based Internet connection for the best performance.

Please give the bandwidth saver a try and let me know if that doesn't work. Thanks again sir!