IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

All I want to do is have access to ordinary old solitaire!

All I want to do is have access to ordinary old solitaire! Since installing Windows 7 Professional I have tried to turn on the games folder and the system thinks about this for a while and then throws up an error message "An error has occurred not all of the features were successfully changed". I think reboot the computer and nothing! No games (and really I just want solitaire), nothing....
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

It seems something is interfering with the change you are trying to make. Please check if you are able to enable Games in Safe Mode.

To do that, restart your computer and then keep pressing F8 key rapidly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu which looks like this:

graphic

Once you see that menu, select Safe Mode. Log in to your Windows account.

You will notice that there is a black background and that most Windows 7 functions are disabled. That is normal for Safe Mode. Just access "Turn Windows features on or off" again and see if it will allow you to enable games.

If you still see the same error, please expand the Games folder by clicking + and then check only Solitaire and click OK.

To exit Safe Mode, just restart your computer.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No - did not work...same error message...the system we have is Windows 7 professional and it since installing this we have lost the games. The solitaire is the game which I use to "de-stress" and I really miss it!!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.
OK. Please hold on while I check something...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.
OK, good news!

I found a way to transfer Solitaire from one computer to another when you cannot enable games via "Turn Windows features on or off" menu.

I created an installer file which installs 4 card games:
- FreeCell
- Hearts
- Solitaire
- SpiderSolitaire

Please click on THIS LINK to download a file named Windows 7 Solitaire. When downloaded, run it and then just click the Extract button. Within several seconds, the games will install on your computer.

To run them, please go to this location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games

to access installed card games. You can then create a desktop shortcut for each game you want to play for an easier access.

Have fun! Smile

Regards,
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional