IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My Picasa library is gone...about 95% of my pics are no longer

My Picasa library is gone...about 95% of my pics are no longer there. I've tried reinstalling with no success.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Are your pictures still available outside Picasa? Please check My Documents or My Pictures, or any other folder you use to store pictures.

Let me know if the pictures are still there.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the pics are still in my pictures...

Thanks for the update.

If your Picasa library is gone and you don't see albums you had created, then, unfortunately, they cannot be restored, but what you can do is re-import all your pictures from "My Pictures" folder to Picasa and it will recreate those albums. Of course, it will take some time to finish the import process and you will most likely need to manually adjust those albums as they were before, but this is the only way of restoring pictures back to Picasa.

So, to re-import your pictures, start Picasa and click File and then Import From... Next to "Import From" says None. Click it and then select Folder...

Browse to a folder containing pictures (My Pictures), open it and select pictures you want to import, or just click the Import All button to import all pictures. At the bottom of the Picasa window, type a name for that album (Folder title) and then click the Import All button located in the bottom right corner to begin the import process.

Repeat the steps for other picture folders you want to import to Picasa.

I hope this helps!

Regards,