Carl L
Carl L, IT Specialist
Experience:  14+ Years of Extensive Computer Repair Experience.

Setting up a brand new toshiba l55ta5290 touch and applied

Setting up a brand new toshiba l55ta5290 touch and applied electricity, connected to wifi, set up a Microsoft outlook account, registered, then went to screens saying getting app, and then one that said taking care of few more things. Then went to a dusky blue screen and still is at a dusky blue screen. Any ideas - did I miss something?
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

I'm shocked that you're already having Explorer problems with your new Toshiba. Explorer is what operates your icons, windows, etc. When something corrupts it, it's almost impossible to repair it unless you restore the computer back to factory defaults.

Restart the computer and start pressing the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears. Select the Option that says 'Repair your Computer'. Select your Country then Restore Application. Follow the prompts then select 'Full Factory Recovery'. Let it do it's thing and it will restore your computer back to factory conditions where you can try to load everything again.

Hopefully this was just a one time glitch that you won't experience it again.

Best Regards,