IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a Samsung GT-P3110 tablet S/N RF2CBOY7RVB 8GB which

I have a Samsung GT-P3110 tablet S/N RF2CBOY7RVB 8GB which I love (own other Samsung products with which I am very happy) BUT why did the screenshot app disappear never to return when this device upgraded ??? VERY unhappy. How do I get it back ????
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Are you referring to an icon that automatically created a screenshot once pressed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The app itself has disappeared. Did have an icon yes

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
I also own Samsung GT P3110 tablet. Mine came with Android OS v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and it had icon layout as shown on this picture:

graphic

Back icon was first and screenshot icon was last.

When I upgraded to Android OS v4.1 (Jelly Bean), screenshot icon was gone and icon layout was changed as shown on this picture:

graphic

So, this is done by a new version of Android. You don't need to be alarmed since you can still use the screenshot app.

Even though there is no quick access icon, you can create a screenshot by pressing the Power button and Up Volume button at the same time for 1 second. You will hear the "click" sound indicating that the screenshot was created and saved under the Pictures/Screenshots folder as before.

This way, you can create screenshots even when you have full-screen app running.

I hope I helped!

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sounds great BUT where is the up volume button??? pressed everything with power button (presume you mean the button that turns tablet on and off) and all that happens is the tablet turns itself off and I still don't have picture !!!!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
I have to apologize because, for some reason, I typed "Volume up" button instead of "Volume down" button.

Power and volume buttons are located on the rear side of the tablet. Power button is the one that is used for powering on/off the tablet, and below it, there are two volume buttons. First one (top button) is used to increase the sound volume and the second one (lower button) is used to decrease the sound volume.

So, to successfully create a screenshot, please press the Power button and the Volume down button and hold it for 1 second, until you hear the "click" sound.

That should work.

Regards,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

You have saved my sanity !!!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

I am very glad I could help! Smile

You can now rate my service using the smiley face to confirm that the problem has been resolved.

If you need anything else, you can always request me on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-it-miro

Or, you can start a new question with the words "For IT Miro only".

Thanks and have a nice day!