IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I have a Verizon MHS Jetpack291lvnw and I keep getting" duplicate

I have a Verizon MHS Jetpack291lvnw and I keep getting" duplicate IP address error".
I want to get a totally new IP Address assigned to my Device. How can I make this happen.

Thanks Don
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

How many computers/devices have you connected to Verizon MHS?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have only one computer connected toMifi Unit.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.
And you see the "IP address conflict" message there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes I get the message periodically when using the computer.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.
OK. Please check current IP address details:

1. Click Start, open Control Panel and click Network and Internet and then Network and Sharing Center

2. Click on the Change adapter settings located on the left side

3. Select your wireless network adapter, right-click it and choose Status and then click the Details... button

You will see network connection details. Please tell me what it says for:
- IPv4 Address
- IPv4 Subnet Mask
- IPv4 Default Gateway
- IPv4 DNS Server

Thanks,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ip4 add. 192.168.1.147

Ip Subnet. 255.255.255.0

IP Default. 192.168.1.1

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the update!

Verizon MHS is set to issue a different IP address every once in a while. Generally, it should work with no problems, especially if you are connecting only one computer. However, if you see the "IP conflict" message, I recommend setting static IP address that won't change, so you will always use that one for your Verizon MHS.

Here is what to do:

3. Select your wireless network adapter, right-click it and choose Properties

4. Scroll down a bit and double click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

5. Then select Use the following IP address and type this:

IP address: 192.168.1.27
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8

6. Click OK > OK

7. Check the Internet connection. Everything should work fine now

Regards,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

If this doesn,t fix the problem, then what ???

Don

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.
I am sure it would. However, if you cannot access the Internet, you can change IP address to another one. I suggested 192.168.1.27, but you can type any number from 2 to 254 (for the last part of the IP address only), for example:

192.168.1.2
192.168.1.99
192.168.1.145
192.168.1.204
...

In case the Internet connection doesn't work, remove manually typed IP address details and it will revert to automatic (dynamic) IP address.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional