Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.

My computer is stuck in the does mode what do I need to do

My computer is stuck in the does mode what do I need to do its windows 7

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having this kind of problem. If you don't mind me verifying your inquiry you computer is stuck in a certain mode are you speaking of safe mode? So I better understand your inquiry can you verify exactly what it looks like it's stuck in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm really not sure I assume dos that what it appears to me
OK when you turn the machine on do you see the make of the computer meaning the manufacture logo?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok now after that do you see wndows trying to load at all or does it just go directly to a blank black screen or is there any writing or a cursor on it at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just a cursor only
Ok just a cursor and it's not blinking? You did mention you currently have the battery out of the machine correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes and yes the cursor is blinking
OK a blinking cursor is not a good thing I am not going to sugar coat this and I am sure you would rather me be completely honest with you then give you false hope. There are three things that can actually cause this. 1 the hard drive has failed and mechanically malfunctioned, 2 windows has became corrupted, and 3 the hard drive just needs to be disconnected and then reconnected also called reseating. Do you know how to access the hard drive of your machine to reseat? If not I can tell you. I would need the make of the computer and the model number please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
pew71. accer
Ok usually on the bottom of the computer there are a series of access panels to gain access to the hard drive. Here is a video to give you an idea. As you can see the hard drive is on the top right on this video as you can see. Remove and disconnect and then reconnect then try starting it back up and tell me what happens.