I am ready. I am on my husband's computer as of course you know my computer will not turn on.
Do you think I fried the hard drive?
If it is the hard drive, the computer will turn on.
Everything is unplugged and batter is out.
Then, plug in the AC Adapter only.
Do you get any light on the computer?
No light, no LED and no fan, nothing. Right?
Please remove the Adapter and insert the battery.
It has been reinserted
Power on the notebook by pressing the power button and check if you get any response.
Not even the battery LED?
It might be the motherboard of your computer.
And what does that mean?
The main board inside the computer.
Does it mean that my computer will never work again?
What you can try is,
Get another battery and try with the computer (do not purchase it)
If that give you the same response too, it will be the motherboard.
So take it into Best Buy and put a new battery in it?
You will have to get the motherboard repaired or replaced.
How much does it cost to repair or replace the motherboard?
I would suggest you contact a local technician, and tell him to check with another battery.
Inform him to check if the computer gets power to the motherboard.
OK. I will try this. Wondering if I should just buy a new computer. This one is just about 2 years old.
If it is the motherboard, it will cost you much in order to replace it.
And may be more than a new computer.
So it would probably be best to just buy a new computer? I also want to know if I fried the motherboard when I smelled that burning smell?
So, check with him, if it is the motherboard, check the cost to replace it, and if it is more, get a new computer instead of repairing it.
What kind of computer do you recommend?
I thought Asus was a good computer but I am not so happy right now.
Something like that,
It may fried the motherboard too.
Asus is good, but bad thing happened with your computer.
But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
I cannot recommend you any particular brand. All brand has its own advantages and disadvantages.
I understand. I am good to my computer so I don't understand why this happened. It has never been dropped or anything.
It may be the power supply that caused the issue.
Like frying my motherboard? LOL.......
Voltage changes, or power surge something like that.
Trying to not let this ruin my day. Laughter is good medicine.
Thanks for your help.
You are most welcome!