Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Over 10 years of professional experience.

Hello, I have a Dell inspiration laptop with Windows 7 Home

I have a Dell inspiration laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium, and am unable to to log in. Quote 'user name or password XXXXX XXXXX User profile Service failed the login'.
A window appears 'No Drive'. I have inserted a floppy disc as directed, and tried again. Still no luck. Have you a suggestion? As you can see, i am not computer savy, just a self taught user of simple programs. Thank you very much.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX Email:[email protected]

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your computer's password:
- Click the following link:
- If you are using Windows XP, click the Windows XP download link and save that file.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the Windows Vista download link and save that file.
- Burn that ISO file to a CD. You can use the application found here if you do not have a CD burner:
- Place the CD in the problem computer, turn it off, turn it on, press the shortcut key responsible for the boot menu ( F12, ESC, F10 ), choose the CD-ROM, and boot.
- Choose Automatic and press Enter
- Sit back and allow the program to locate the passwords for you. It may take up to 10 minutes.

Reboot normally.

If you have any questions, I am available to continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello again, Can't get beyond the 'no drive' window which says 'This feature requires removable media, such as a floppy disc or USB flash drive. Please insert a floppy disc or connect a USB flash drive and start again'. I inserted a floppy disc, tried both my old password XXXXX new then shows: The user profile service failed the login. User profile cannot be loaded' PS I am writing this on my iPad.

Thank you for the update.

Do you have access to a working computer? You must follow my instructions on a working computer before you can continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I don't. This is the computer I'm trying to access. Any suggestion???

You have two options, either reinstall Windows, which will erase all on your computer or get your hands on a different computer temporarily so you can burn the needed CD and then use that on the problem computer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jason, I can probably borrow a laptop tonight, and we can continue solving this problem tomorrow. Can you give ma a reference number? Cheers Claire
Hello Claire,

If you do have issues after you rate my help today, you can always just come back to this page or click the link that is sent to your email.

You may wish to try the following and see if that helps as well:

Please, follow the instructions below:
- Turn the computer off
- Remove all usb devices from the computer
- Turn the computer on
- Start pressing the F8 key on the top of the keyboard
- At the Boot menu, choose Last Known Good Configuration
- Hit the Enter key three times
- The computer will reboot.

When it comes back up, try logging in again.