Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Hi Freddy, I was given a Dell Optiplex 755 Bios Version A10

Hi Freddy, I was given a Dell Optiplex 755 Bios Version A10 Computer from a friend as his company was tearing out an office block and taking it to the landfill place (the tip), i have tried to turn it on and no luck! it has a password XXXXX to unlock it would you have any ideas on how to unlock it i am not to computer literate, any help would be greatly appreciated!
regards Graeme
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. There actually is a way to reset it. First just to verify this is a desktop computer correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Ok you would need to have the cover off of the computer for one. Do you know what jumpers are by chance? They are usually black and removable it's tiny print but on the board it might say PW or pw reset something in that nature. Also you would need to remove the coin battery as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done this previously and this mother board does not have a jumper on it with three pins i have removed the battery also and restarted the computer and it comes up with this on the screen :-

Dell Sysytem OptiPlex 755 Series

Bios version A10

www.dell.com

Performing automatic IDE configuration...

Hard disk #***6RW301YR-595B is protected by a password.

Enter the password XXXXX press <ESC> to exit.

(Disk remains locked if <ESC> is used

Enter password:

Regards Graeme

Ok so you are actually able to get into the bios correct? Can you verify that meaning can you make bios changes be cause if you can and it's actually the hard drive password XXXXX is only one way to take care of that. You would need to either put a new board on the hard drive since it can't be wiped that's the kind of encryption that is set for that hard drive or you would need to replace the hard drive all together. Forgive me it was sounding like you were speaking of the bios password.

I'm guessing you would know how to do that. I'm very sorry about that bit of bad news but even it was attempted to be unlocked the drive would automatically corrupt the data that's what that software is for. I am very sorry to about that and I really hate giving bad news I really do and I am so very sorry about that.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let my Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.

Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.