Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

references:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX - Michelle, having

references:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX - Michelle, having worked on connected to my local computer all seems systems go... this morning I was to install Joomla - up to connect to data base when I get message "connection returned number" - so, we have progressed a little further but still not able to install Joomla, which was the original question on Friday - Please advise - am happy for you to make connectiion into my computer to see problem first hand -

I'm stuck         Is any help available - I have to leave computor for 5 minutes - will message when back and could I have some contact please

Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Michelle :

Hi, sorry to hear that joomla has not connected to the database.

Michelle :

you may try these following steps and let me know then i will do the screen sharing.

Michelle :

shut down WAMP

Michelle :

wait for 30 seconds

Michelle :

right click on WAMP icon and run it as admin

Michelle :

then try to install joomla and let me know if you get any error

Customer:

ok will do

Michelle :

if you get any error let me know the full error code or message you get

Customer:

OK - same issue: message reads - I have left it on screen "could not connect to data base - connection returned number" I used user name as "root" as suggested by Joomla forum - and password XXXXX: "sunshine" but when I watch their video (utube) the process I have is differennt and I do not get to tick agreement ! - otherwise it appears to be the same intro to Joomla...

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

it will connect the remote now give me a min

Customer:

ok

Michelle :

This is the link

Michelle :

ignere the first one

Michelle :

connecting now

Michelle :

sc_user7: Hi
sc_user7: i am connected now
sc_user7: i have a request to make
sc_user7: can i buy some time as i have to drop my kids to the sunday school which will take me 30 to 45 mins then i can peacfully work on this issue and fix it.
1.132.112.191: yep no problem I will do other things - thanks Barb
sc_user7: Hi Barb i am back thanks for you for waiting.
sc_user7: u there?
1.132.112.191: sorry -here now
sc_user7: oK!
sc_user7: do you want me to install any template from the list here
1.132.112.191: no - Am I right in saying that once Joomla is working I can select any template and I am learning about facebook blogs twitter and instagram thrhough a course - so if you can get me up and running between wamp and joomla we should be good
sc_user7: ok great ill select none then
1.132.112.191: \
sc_user7: ok your joomla is installed now
sc_user7: do you want to open wesite or the adminpanel
1.132.112.191: I think website - so is the icon on desktop and I just click that and away we design sites - FTP upload at later date
sc_user7: No you have to either upload a template or design a new one from the scratch
sc_user7: later you need to upload the entre contents of the joomla folder to your hosting server
sc_user7: here is the website as it looks now
sc_user7: you have to design the templates
1.132.112.191: OK so can we upload Joomla Simple 4 template
sc_user7: yeah you can
1.132.112.191: One question - is the user name ROOt and the PWord SUNSHINE or do I need new logins
sc_user7: but do you know how to install the template
sc_user7: no as of now your joomla is running on local pc with wamp
sc_user7: when you are done designing the site you need to upload the site and configure the user name and password XXXXX the mysql
sc_user7: ill show you how you can open the admin panel
sc_user7: please type the user name
sc_user7: pw is sunshine in small case
sc_user7: you need to type the username you kep at the install screen
sc_user7: ok good you can manage the site from here
sc_user7: ill show you how to change config one you have uploaded the website
sc_user7: you need to upload all of this on your hosting server
sc_user7: one you have uploaded to your server you need to open the configuration.php file
sc_user7: do you have text editor except for notepad
sc_user7: Are you there?
1.132.112.191: no only notepad or word
sc_user7: ok i recommend you download one later as it makes working on php easy
sc_user7: you can download - notepad++
sc_user7: you need to edit highlighted params as per your hosting server to connect to the MySQL db
sc_user7: $user and & password
sc_user7: i hope you are able to understand what i have posted
sc_user7: when you are done with your developement part and ready to host let me know i will help you.
1.132.112.191: Yes I have built and FTP sites prev. just working with host in back office and this is first time using local host - but I should be fine - got - and now I know you guys are there I can always come back again - You are a gem - thanks.
sc_user7: let me post this conversation on the justanswer chat window.

Michelle :

Fixed

Customer:

Now I will get to and do sites, thanks again so much, I will call when I need you - shall we finish now and I can rate this session

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors