Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

We cannot get the sound to work on our computer. We think

We cannot get the sound to work on our computer. We think the computer may need to be reset. Can you help us?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. Leaving the computer plugged in for a couple of days would probably not cause the sound to fail.

Please try the following if you have not yet and let me know the results.

First restart the computer.

Next unplug the the speakers if you have external speakers and try using some headphones if you have them.

Please do the above and let me know.

Thank you,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have restarted the computer several times and we don't have any external speakers. We are afraid this is a skam. You have our credit card number and all we want is an answer for this question. We do not want to sign up and be charged every month a fee.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
I can assure you that this is not a scam and signing up is completely optional, you can just pay for help with this one issue.

If you would still like help please let me know the make and model of computer. Also do you not have any head phones that you could try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, this makes me feel better. We just want to pay for the answer for this problem, if it works. We do not have any head phones that we can try. Our computer is a HP 2000 Notebook PC, serial number 5CG3171XZW, product # XXXXX#ABA

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic, I still need some more information.

Does this computer have windows 8?

What are you doing to try and hear sound. What I mean is, are you trying to play music in a music player program or are you trying to watch a video on a website?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure if I have windows 8. And I have downloaded a speech from a website. I have heard the speech before, but now I can't hear it. The screen that has the automatic 38$ a month plan marked is concerning me, also.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
When we are finished I will send your question to customer service to make sure that you are not signed up for any subscription ok?

This may be easiest for me to solve if I connect to your computer and see what is going on. I am pretty sure that this is a simple mistake or misunderstanding and not a problem with the computer. Something is likely just turned off.

Would you like me to connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. XXXXX would like you to connect.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
To connect please click on the link below and choose join. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so. Sometimes the computers anti virus will show you a warning so make sure you tell it to run anyway.

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=7b4534d8-2b7d-49f7-8291-898897b9276c

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, we are getting nervous about sharing our information with you. Please just take our $5, and I guess I better not share. Thanks for your willingness to help, anyway. Sorry!

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
No no, that is ok.

Let me give you a couple of things to try on your own. If they do not work you can always ask for more help or get a 100% refund!

First, when you open the speach make sure the volume in the program you are using to listen to it is turned up. Programs that play audio will have their own volume control.

Make sure that the power adapter is plugged in.

Go to www.youtube.com and try and play a video to see if you get sound.

Next, Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.) Enter Adjust system volume in the search box, and tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Adjust system volume.

Move the slider up to increase the volume.

Make sure the Mute button isn't turned on. If the button looks like this:
graphic
muting is turned off. If the button looks like this: graphic
tap or click it to turn off muting.

Also look on the laptop itself for any volume control and make sure it is turned up.

Now if you need a refund contact the websites customer service department here at the following link and they will be happy to help.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Thank you,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.