Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I want to change the default storage location of all files/

I want to change the default storage location of all files/ all users from drive C: to another drive by editing the registry. I have done this before, but I forgot where the location that has to be edited is. I am doing a complete reformatting/ partitioning of my hard drive using windows 7 64 bit.
Thank you,
Charl Stevens

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. The location for this is at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations for changing the default storage location of user files:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/87555-user-profile-change-default-location.html

If there is any issue, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further. Thank you very much.