Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

bought a dell inspiron 2200 6 years ago for kids in collage

bought a dell inspiron 2200 6 years ago for kids in collage i would like to pass it to grand kids they forgot pass word it wont let me sign in said adminstrator 710tc81-595b can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

We can make another account to use.

Can you tell me the name of the account and the password XXXXX wish to use and I will provide the instructions.

thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

2013kktitb55

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Kevin

I didnt see a user name, so will use user

you can replace it in my command

Turn off the computer

Turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you see a menu

Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt

When it has loaded to where you can type, type in

net user /add user 2013kktitb55

Press enter and it should complete and not give an error (it is does, let me know he error)

Once done, restart the computer and you can now log in with this new account.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it says this computer system, #71dtc81-595b, is protected by a password XXXXX system.you cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password

Please type in the system or administrator passwordandpress enter

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Is this at the login screen for windows? Or as soon as you turn on the computer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

as soon as i turn it on. tapping f8 doesnt seem to do anything

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

tapping f8 or just turning it on it comes to this screen. then after a few seconds it turn off

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

hello

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

are u there

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, then it is the BIOS password, not the windows password.

This is extremely hard to remove due to the computers age Kevin.

Dell themselves have a tool to generate a code to unlock this, but you can only get this by contacting Dell direct, and to be honest, due to the age of the Laptop, they are not going to do this anymore for this model.

Even removing the CMOS battery for this model will not help.

The only way you will get rid of it is to replace the mainboard. This is where the password XXXXX XXXXX

The cheapest is from Ebay on my link below

>a href="http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dell-inspiron-2200-motherboard">Click Me To View

I could not find a dissemble video for this exact model, but this video demonstrates it on the 1150 which is very similar

Click Me To view

Sorry, but as BIOS password XXXXX no interface to hack these (unlike windows passwords) this is going to be the only way to remove it.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry