Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

just got my Lenovo ideasforschool and cant remember the password

Customer Question

just got my Lenovo ideasforschool and can't remember the password XXXXX log on. what can I do?
mark
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me which version of Windows you are using please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

all I know is it's a Lenovo g780

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Mark,

Do you recall if it was Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Sorry but I need to know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

8

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Mark

We have 3 options here.

1) We hack the password. The process is a little tricky (ill explain it) and you'll need a DVD/CD writer on a computer and a blank disk.

2) We create a new user account for you to use

3) We reinstall windows which removes all data and returns the computer to new.

Please let me know which option you wish to take.

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

option 2 or 3 sounds good, whichever is easiest for you

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, Option 3 then as it returns it to new

Can you turn off the computer

Turn it on and keep tapping F11 until you see the Recovery Manager.

Follow the steps to perform a Factory Restore. this will reinstall windows on the computer and the computer is returned to new (with no password).

Once done, you can then use the computer like you did when you first received it.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

great! i'm on my other computer at a different location but I printed your instructions and will follow them and write the new password XXXXX!

thanks

mark

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Your welcome Mark

This question never closes, so any issues, just let me know

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I tapped f11 till the cows came home and never got a factory restore screen. it just gave a renew password XXXX requires a flash drive, which I don't have.

mark

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, then Press F8 instead and go to the windows startup menu, select repair my computer. Check for the Factory Restore option there Mark

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

f8 didn't work either. this site is a rip off! now I have to call my computer guy here and pay him too. worthless site . I give you a -10!

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
These instructions are correct.

Can you give me the model number on the Lenovo.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

model # XXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
F11 will work for this

You need to turn the computer completely off, then keep tapping F11 repeatedly from the moment you start it.

F8 also works, but I want you to use F11 please.