Marco
Marco, IT Consultant
Experience:  10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.
72952988

SOmeone that knows all the free WP themes

SOmeone that knows all the free WP themes, or the paid ones....but that can find a site for me that fits my needs..I prefer to start out with a free one, just to play around with the colors and to show my partner for us to decide on the design and upload the context on a practice cite before buying one. 

Category: Computer
Expert:  Marco replied 12 months ago.

Marco :

Hi there,

Marco :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue

Marco :

For the free themes

Marco :

you can actually use the filter within wordpress dashboard themes

Marco :

to select which features you want and it will search for these

Customer:

yes i know that, but i am working on a theme right now, and for me to install another theme is a little hard. I wonder if it will overide what i am doing in the Zenon theme...

Marco :

So click on appearance in your dashboard

Marco :

no you can switch between themes

Marco :

you can install as many themes as you want and then switch between them

Marco :

the themes are installed in different folders of wordpress

Marco :

so a change in one will not affect the other

Customer:

when you say i have to install,,,,,,,, is installing a theme creating a permanebnt folder?

Marco :

yes but you can delete it later on

Marco :

it will install it in a seperate folder from the current one

Customer:

and what ever i am uploading right now inside of zenon theme will not get lost or deleted?

Marco :

correct

Marco :

once you switch your theme to another one

Marco :

the zenon theme will still remain intact

Marco :

until you "activate" it

Marco :

so if you click on appearance in the dashboard

Marco :

you will see the zenon theme that is activated

Marco :

and a few other that are not

Marco :

eg. twenty thirteen

Customer:

How will i find it again after i navigated through 5 or more themes? So do i have to do anything in particular before i go to Appearance and find a theme and install it?

Marco :

yes it will still be listed in the list of themes

Marco :

as long as you don't select delete

Marco :

You don't have to do anything to find a new theme

Customer:

what must i make sure i DONT do when i switch from theme to theme?

Marco :

click on delete

Customer:

hmmmm....Are you familiar with WP themes that are free and those that are for a fee?

Marco :

yes i am

Marco :

but there's too many themes available

Marco :

there's a few sites i use

Marco :

to purchase themes

Customer:

Can i describe what i am looking for and perhaps you can find it for me or already know a theme such as one i have in mind?

Marco :

ok

Customer:

Well. I would like to have a slider that fills up the whole screen or mobile device, so it has to be a responsive slider or slide show.

Marco :

the whole screen?

Customer:

yes... and on the slideshow, i want to make my messages appear one after the ohter so that a viewer doesn't have to press any menu.

Marco :

ok let me check

Customer:

WAIT,,,,,i have more

Marco :

what industry is this website targetted for>

Customer:

THEN; somewhere on the screen, a drop drips down and splashes at the bottom and it has moving arms and legs...The industry is saving fuel...so it is enviornmental education..non profit etc.

Marco :

ok i doubt there are any themes that are specific with a drop dripping down

Marco :

that would have to be a custom theme

Customer:

I am using Zenon now, but the slider won;t open properly on the iphone when turned sideways...and the text is too small

Customer:

there are no themes that i can upload a anmimated or moving cartoon character inside the slider?

Marco :

when you mean full screen

Marco :

the zenon isn't full screen for the slider

Customer:

I know Zenon is not full screen but it is the only one that i started with that had a slider...SO i useed it just to get familiar.. By full screen i mean that there is no background...

Marco :

yes

Marco :

i've seen a few

Marco :

do you already have the image of the moving cartoon character?

Customer:

i have the image but it is not moving.. i don't know how to animate it but ihave been wanting to do that my whole life... to animate a cartoon

Marco :

for that you will need someone to turn the image into a gif

Marco :

or turn it into a video

Marco :

and add the video to the slider

Customer:

That is another questuon but how long would it take for a non tech person to turn the image into a gif and add it into a slider?

Marco :

ok what about this one <click here>

Marco :

it is a paid theme

Marco :

but the whole background is the slider

Marco :

looks really nice

Customer:

i think that might be the idea......

Customer:

But will i be able to post a bumper sticker for sale and a paypal, somewhere on that page or screen? And can a person click the slider and get to a page that will describe what the slider has written onto it for a better explanation? I forgot to say that i wanted to add text into the slider and NO image. The slider will be a bunch of words that give the message and keep changing..

Marco :

yes there is a link at the bottom for each slider Example Button

Customer:

Will there be a navication bar on that slider as well?

Marco :

yes what you see on that demo will be available from the theme when you buy it

Customer:

is it really responsive?

Marco :

try it on your phone

Customer:

What happens if i buy it and then decide it is not fitting me right?

Marco :

have a look at this refund policies <click here>

Marco :

you will get a credit back into the site

Marco :

but not get your money back

Marco :

if the theme is not working

Marco :

not because you don't like it or change your mind

Customer:

that would be ok to get a credit.... also i went to the site and i see that ....i just got really tired.. i have to go sleep.. i will accept exccellent,,,

Customer:

i might continue tomorrow

Marco :

thank you

Marco :

have a great nite

Marco, IT Consultant
Experience: 10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, I'm back.... I was looking at the theme and it opens and changes images nicely on my iPhone. Do you know if it can also be reduced a bit so that a caption can be clicked and linked to other pages or text?
Expert:  Marco replied 11 months ago.

Yes it should be able to display the captions if one is set. Are you using the demo from the website or you installed your own theme?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I was trying to look through it a bit on my iphone. The other sites i was viewing zenon, layer slider, SLider pro, do not seem to reconfigure themeselves when they open on my iphone. For example, i would like 3 boxes that line up horizontally on a lap top, to liine up vertically when being viewed on a mobile device so that the text comes out larger. Is there a service that finds a theme for me? Is there a demo of King that i can try out my image to see how it looks? Are there others besides King?

Expert:  Marco replied 11 months ago.
It seems like you need something customised for your needs.

You may need to get a developer to modify the theme for you.<click here>
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That site says i have to pay $19.99 in order to keep my posting private...But that you anyway so far... this is very hard stuff...