IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

my wife was on her hp 200 laptop on face book reading and she

Customer Question

my wife was on her hp 200 laptop on face book reading and she found some site that she want to go into , when she did all the icons disappeared and just had a complete blue screen. I turned it off and on and noting has changed. But when I do a ctrl alt delete the icons come up before it restarts.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Which Windows version is installed on that laptop? For example: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

windows 7

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the update!

In that case, it is best to use System Restore to restore Windows and program settings to a previous point in time, when all worked fine.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Click the Windows Start button and type system restore into the search box and press Enter (or click Windows Start button and point to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore)

2. You should see System Restore window. You will be given a choice to select either Recommended restore or Choose a different restore point

3. Since Recommended restore is usually one day old, select Choose a different restore point and press Next

4. You should see a list of restore points based on a date. You can also tick a box that says Show more restore points (if available)

5. Select a date when you know everything worked fine

6. To confirm, click Next and then Finish

7. Your computer will restart and restore all system settings to the date you selected

Don't worry about your personal files because they won't be affected by this process.

I hope this helps! If not, let me know and I will check further options.