IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I use Microsoft Essential Securities. I have no antivirus turned

Customer Question

I use Microsoft Essential Securities. I have no antivirus turned on. I dont know how it got turned off. I redownloaded the MES again and I get an error #0x80070002. Help me please
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please check if Windows Updates service has been started.

To do that, please do the following:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R key combination to start the Run... box

2. In the Run... box, type services.msc and press Enter

3. Services window will open and then scroll down to find a service called Windows Update. Double-click it to see its status.

4. If the Service status is Stopped, please click the Start button to start it. After that, start Microsoft Security Essentials and update it by clicking the Update tab. Wait for all the updates to be installed and then check the status of Microsoft Security Essentials

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have dial-up service. I dont know where thewindows logo key+RKey means

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
The Windows logo key is a key on your keyboard which is located between Ctrl and Alt key. It has a flag on it. Press it along with the R key (simultaneously) and you will see the Run... box.

If that doesn't happen, do the following:

1. Click the Windows Start button

2. Right-click the Computer and then click Manage

3. When the Computer Management window shows, expand the Services and Applications group located on the left pane and then click on Services

4. Services window will open and then scroll down to find a service called Windows Updates. Double-click it and then click the Start button, then start Microsoft Security Essentials and update it via the Update tab

Let me know the results.