Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.

My Sony vaio computer just crashe while I was using it. It

My Sony vaio computer just crashe while I was using it. It shut down then booted back up to a repairing disk errors page this may take over an hour. The thing is still spinning but it has been well over an hour. What can I do about this? What is happening?
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

I am sorry to hear about your Sony. These type of messages are quite common when Windows shuts down improperly. It could have been doing a Windows update and just froze when it was trying to automatically update causing this to occur. 99% of the time it is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Sometimes startup repair does take quite some time to "check the hard drive" I would leave it running, you can leave it running overnight if you wish. (i've seen it take up to 3 hours)

If for some reason it is frozen in the morning or still spinning all you should have to do is hold the power button down for 30 seconds then power your Sony back on. And you should be back in business Laughing

If you run into any trouble tomorrow I will be around all day and will help you in any way I can until the Sony is back up and running like a champ again Smile

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience