Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

When I type in my XXX@XXXXXX.XXX and the password (#)

When I type in my XXX@XXXXXX.XXX and the password (#) that we have used for several years, it won't let me access my email. HELP!

My cell phone number that I have here, now at my computer is: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I'm ready.

Shefin :

May I know the email client you are using? Is it hotmail?

Customer:

msn

Shefin :

Have you recently changed your pasword?

Customer:

No. MSN just seems to want their $90 fee to 'stay' with them.

Shefin :

May I know your email address after the @ sign?

Shefin :

is it hotmail.com?

Shefin :

I apologize that I cannot see the address becuase of security issues.

Shefin :

That is why I suggested to provide the part after the @ key.

Customer:

Please cancel my $28.00 charge as I can now see that you CAN"T help...we will just go with gmail.

Shefin :

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. However, I just tried to clarify that you are using hotmail.com and your address.

Shefin :

Because of security issues, we are not authorized to view email address from the customers.

Shefin :

If you are using hotmail.com, at the end of your email address, I can assist you further.

Shefin :

If you providethe adress, it come her XXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

Shefin :

That is why I asked for the details again.

Shefin :

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Shefin :

However, I would suggest you access your email, from the link below.

Customer:

My initial question included my email which said MSN.

Shefin :

Please try the link to access your email.

Customer:

When I do and then go on to give the # XXXXX (which I ALREADY indicated), it denies access.

Shefin :

Are you using MSN premium software?

Customer:

MSN 'premium' now requires a $90 fee. Up to now, I haven't had ANY fees.

Shefin :

If you would like to take advantage of the premium services and same experience you enjoy today with the MSN Premium software (the butterfly), you will need to purchase a retail subscription by March 1st, 2012. There are special price plans available for you as a former Verizon Online with MSN Premium customer. Please access those plans by clicking on the continuation option on the pop-up screen in your software or call MSN Sales and Support at 1-866-205-6768.

Shefin :

I would suggest you either use the free hotmil or purchase the premium version.

Customer:

I ALREADY talked to them at that number. Up to March 1, 2012, I think their fee was $60. Now it is $90.00.

Shefin :

Are you looking for the promotional offer?

Customer:

So am I now being billed $28.00 to find out what I already knew?? Do you have promotional

Customer:

offers AFTER that date, Shefin?? Do you recommend I just go with gmail to avoid these fees?? Also,

Shefin :

May I know the reason for you to use MSN premuim?

Customer:

I already am paying Norton an annual fee and they want to bill for a 'different' protection service.

Shefin :

I would suggest you use a free email service, like gmail.

Shefin :

Do you want to know the difference between MSN and MSN premium?

Customer:

It just seemed like the ONLY avenue to continue to use MSN.

Shefin :

MSN Premium was designed to address the three things heard most

Shefin :

1. I hate pop-ups, spam and viruses. Help to protect me from annoyances.

2. I love e-mailing family and friends. Make it even more fun.

3. While online, I want to be as productive as possible. Help me get more.

Customer:

They told me MSN was now $60. Premium is now $90. Only premium is now available.

Shefin :

So what's new with MSN Premium?

Shefin :

• Store all of your important documents in a virtually unlimited storage space with a 2GB inbox (2 Gigabytes means 2,000,000,000 bytes).

• Increased protection from viruses and hackers with new services such as MSN Virus Guard and MSN Firewall Plus - both powered by McAfee Security.

• Increased protection from annoyances with a new Pop-up Guard.

• Increased protection through enhancements to existing features such as Parental Controls and junk E-mail Guard.

• More fun with MSN Photo Swap so you can share photos in an Instant with MSN Messenger.

• More fun with Photo Story so you can bring your digital photos to life with music, voice and special effects.

• More e-mail boxes, more storage, more control - with advanced e-mail management features.

• Plus, lots of other cool things including MSN Video, a new look to the MSN Home Page and more useful features and customization options for My MSN.

Shefin :

So, it is your wish to use MSN premium or other email clients like gmail.

Customer:

Shefin, I was quite satisfied with the status quo. I don't need and can't afford premium. Can you help me access MSN

Customer:

without doing 'premium?'

Shefin :

In order to use that, you may have to create a new account.

Customer:

With MSN or just go to a site like gmail??

Shefin :

Free email clients like gmail offers more features than MSN.

Shefin :

Have you recently changed your ISP?

Shefin :

Internet service provider? From Verizon?

Customer:

What is ISP?

Shefin :

Internet service provider

Shefin :

Have you changed it from Verizon?

Customer:

No. Still Verizon that is billed via Century Link.

Shefin :

If you are a Verizon Online Broadband customer, you can download Verizon Online with MSN Premium now at no additional charge.

Shefin :

Have you tried the link?

Customer:

How do I do that?

Shefin :

However, if you have called Century link and they said, you need to pay, you will not be able to use it without paying.

Shefin :

Because MSN premium came connected with Verizon.

Shefin :

You could only able to access it as per Verizon rules.

Shefin :

So, I would suggest you either pay for MSN premium or use free emails like Gmail or yahoo.

Shefin :

Or hotmail, live./

Customer:

Guess I'll try gmail via Google. I'm fine with being billed the $28 for your service, but I don't want to

Customer:

stay aboard with the 'monthly service. Is that now feasible??

Shefin :

You may cancel the monthly service.

Customer:

How do I do that?

Shefin :

Please wait.

Shefin : As of March 27, 2010, service for Verizon with MSN Premium is no longer available in the following areas:
Shefin : AZ, ID, IL, IN, MI, NV, NC (except Knotts Island), OH, OR, SC, Crows-Hermatite (VA), WA, WI, and the following communities in California that border AZ, NV and OR--Big River, Blythe, Coleville, Crescent City, Desert Center, Eagle Mountain, Earp, Felicity, Fort Dick, Gasquet, Klamath, Kneeland, Markleeville, Merced, Needles, Orick, Parker Dam, Ripley, Smith River, Topaz, Trinidad, Vidal and Winterhaven.
Customer:

So how do I cancel the monthly $28 fee?

Shefin :

You will not charge monthly.

Shefin :

If you have charged, please contact our customer support in order to cancel the subscription.

Shefin :

Contact customer support : http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Shefin :
I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Shefin :
If you are happy with the response, please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer:

I understand. I'll give you an excellent rating. I'm assuming I'll be billed atleast $28. So does that mean Istill have a month of service after I've cancelled or does this come under the one week free umbrella?

Shefin :

No. You will not be charged monthly after cancelling the subscription.

Shefin :

For more information, I would suggest you contact the customer support.

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.