John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Right-click function dissapeared from my PC?

Customer Question

Right-click function dissapeared from my PC? I have tried a lot of things to get it back, among them reducing the number of programs to start-up with my browser, searching on internet, own experiments with PC. Unfortunately, without success. I use Firefox as primary and WinIE as secundary browser. Computer: Samsung PC DeskTop Win7 Home Premium 64 bit Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-3210M CPU Smart-Pad ELAN PS/2 Port (Don't use mouse) Win Prod-id: 00359-OEM-8992687-XXXXX Looking forward for your solution. All the best Erik XXXXXXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/ma'am do you mean the entire right click menu is missing when you right click on the mouse?

John :

What happens when you right click on a file or a program?

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

Similar lack of function

John :

OK so no right click menu on desktop screen or on programs and files am i correct?

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

Correct

John :

when did this problem start?

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

In time line 2 days ago

John :

OK have you tried restoring to a old date where the right click worked?

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

Yes, I have restored the system

John :

how many days did you go back ?

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

I chose the eldest restore point - unfortunately it was 2 days old only

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

But yesterday - from today it was 3 days old - if it Means something?

John :

OK so you mean the restore window only showed a restore date 2 days older,no other restore date was there am i correct

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

yes, you are correct - I guess that the restore point might be in the "borderline" to when this problem occured

John :

OK

Can i screen share with your pc and check the problem. You can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that

JACUSTOMER-qk46s9om- :

OK - I trust you!

John :

Thank you sir,

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the screen sharing.

John :

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=fbe18fdf-b8df-492c-8405-47ecf6391bf9 then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know

John :

It seems like i got disconnected from remote session

Expert:  russell-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/computer/7ypkh-right-click-function-dissapeared-pc-i-tried.html). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Customer Support Team.