Marco
Marco, IT Consultant
Experience:  10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.
72952988

I am building a website and thinking of usingOKPR0827217

I am building a website and thinking of using a template that is either Magento or Prestashop (i dont like wordpress...ugly templates). I need an admin panel, shopping cart, and login capability for front end users. My question is: 1 - are these good products--magento and/or prestashop 2 - i need to sell a fixed number of items per day...so its not like i can sell 100 items whenever. it needs to be 10, 10, 10, etc. per day. do either of these shops have the ability to control inventory? 3. Which has more features on the admin panel? Any other suggestions for one type over the other?

Hi there,

Magento is a more powerful ecommerce platform compared to prestashop however if you don't have that many products then prestashop will be fine as well.

I found magento to be a bit more complicated to use compared to prestashop. In terms of adding products, creating newsletters.

Both have the ability for inventory control. Magento definately has more features but most of the features you probably won't even end up using.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what type of features does magento have vs prestashop?

what type of features does prestashop have over magento?

from the admin panel which is prob easier to use and upadte?

Hi there,

He's a list from this link

PrestaShop (vs. Magento)
- PrestaShop is easy to install, but doesn’t boast the same out-of-the-box features as Magento.
- PrestaShop has lower system requirements than Magento, but doesn’t have any of the compatibility issues PrestaShop has.
- PrestaShop is easier to customize, but has far less options for customization.
- PrestaShop does not have the community of users or the hugely successful official support team that makes Magento so attractive.
- PrestaShop software is much smaller (in MBs and files) than Magento.
- PrestaShop has emphasized its search capabilities since its inception, while this has been less important for Magento.
- Both are robust and have a web 2.0 feeling with out-of-the-box capabilities that surpass other open source eCommerce platforms.
- Magento offers more themes than PrestaShop.
- Magento’s SEO features are incomparable with any other eCommerce platform.
- Magento is more appropriate for a large scale eCommerce store.

Prestahop has an easier admin panel to use.